We had another visit with Charlie today. We took the afternoon off and he was thrilled when we got there running up to greet us. Today Bev became Bevelina. Seriously, that is what he called her all day, in complete sincerity and seriousness!
We went to the library to read and play. He did great. We played some, read some, and did puzzles. He read some books on shapes and colors, which is what he is best at but had a harder time with his numbers. We stayed for about 2 hours and then had to head back. He didn't want to leave and had a little tantrum, but it lasted all of 90 seconds and we were off.
He loves his new booster seat for the car and he he told it so and kissed it when he got out. We sang songs on the way back to the safe home, mostly nursery rhymes that he likes. But we did have the radio on briefly and he bobbed his head to a "rock" song he liked. FYI - It was Prince, Little Red Corvette. Made me warm inside to know he digs Prince!
We talked to him about going camping with us Saturday and he seemed excited but who knows! We even read a camping book at the library and he got super excited to cook marshmallows!
So that is our plan, pick him up Saturday around 11 for the day and tire him out in the great outdoors! Until then...
4 comments:
I prefer to think of you not as Bevelina but as "The Artist, formerly known as Beverly".
I am really enjoying reading your blog. I hear so much promise in every day that you write.
Ohhh, I like that!
That is Adorable!!! Bevelina Jean!
That's funny because I secretly call you BeveRlina! That's my Spanish name for you!! hahaha Can we keep Charlie, please?!
Post a Comment