Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A year later!

Good evening~
As we approach Halloween, it is hard not to look back. You may think, what? Halloween is not one of those reflective holidays. True, but it was last Halloween that my Dad had a complicated surgery and we didn't know if he would make it through the night. It is amazing what anniversaries trigger within us. This time last year we had declined the placement of Charlie in our home, were coping with my dad's illness and starting my new practice. We got through it all, but it creaps back in when this time of year rolls around.

Now, we are living with Isaiah. I have heard from many of you about how much you enjoyed the little video we posted earlier this week. It really is cute to see him and listen to his voice. He certainly has his own little personality. This week has been typical, with ups and downs. We have learned that no nap at daycare= a miserably tired little boy from 6pm on! Oh the misery...for all of us.

I have been trying to rearrange my schedule to be home more in the evenings, for dinner and bedtime. Hopefully this will allow Gabe some reprieve and allow me more time with Isaiah. Tonight, bedtime was cake. Last night it was hell. I literally cried after...and he creid for a while. But, all to be expected I suppose! At least that is what we are told.

This weekend is the big trick or treat outing. Well, first we have the Halloween parade at daycare...and Halloween party. I get to bring cupcakes. FUN! I will be volunteering in his classroom for the parade and will take many pictures and some video. All to be posted. Then Saturday we head out around our neighborhood circle for tricks or treats. My mom, Barbie, is coming down for the event. Isaiah is already looking forward to it, but I really don't know if he understands it. We'll see!

We hope you all enjoy your Halloween...and maybe take a look back at your last year too. Reflection is powerful and necessary to really appreciate today!
Good night!

No comments:

Followers