Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ACR

Good evening~
So we had an ACR for Isaiah today, annual case review..that is done every 6 months. Not really annual. HA!
It was me, mom, mom's husband and the DCF worker present. There was a moderator over the phone and we were off. Basically it was a status update of how Isaiah has been doing in placement. It was a tad uncomfortable, but I just kept breathing and drinking my water to get through.

The most interesting thing for me to learn is that Isaiah just might be starting to show his feeling appropriately and to the appropriate people. While we have seen a very affectionate and loving little guy, his mom has been seeing a slightly angry little boy who will not be affectionate to her or embrace her at all during visits. I thought, well, he's mad..and he is finally showing it to her and not us!

Also DCF restated that Isaiah's current plan is now adoption with a back up plan of reunification. This is the opposite of what it was last month. They plan to file termination of parental rights in March, if an agreement is not met by then.

We meet with our lawyer tomorrow to see if we come up with something, but in the end if we have to wait for termination to be filed to get exactly what we think is best for Isaiah, so be it.
I have been listening to the new John Mayer CD and there is a line that I have been singing over and over in my head. It is from the song War of my Life and it is:
Come out Angels
Come out Ghosts
Come out Darkness
Bring everyone you know

I'm not running
I'm not scared
I am waiting and well prepared


And we are, we are prepared. So here we go!

Until then...

ps...if you want to hear the whole JM song, take a listen. LOVE HIM!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_Y_1psB6g&feature=related

2 comments:

Jean said...

good job Bev! you drink your water and swallow those opinions down, down, down
LOL glad others have some of the same opinions without you having to say it

Jean said...

and isn't it Administrative Case Review (ACR)?

Followers