Quick update. There was a court date on Monday. We knew it but blocked it out with everything else going on. DCF reminded us and our attorney was going to be at court for something else anyway. So they all went and we did not. DCF called at about 4pm to say that Isaiah's Mom went to court and voluntarily gave up her parental rights that day. As much as we hoped for this, I cried. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her being that we couldn't let him go after living with him for a year and not having given birth to him. She also stated that she didn't think there should be any further visits because she would be so emotional that it might negatively impact Isaiah. Something we respect but that breaks our heart for him. We hope she reconsiders because we would like them to have a final visit.
We heard from DCF that Mom was devastated when she heard we were having Isaiah move to another family. When she heard we reconsidered she cried tears of joy. In my heart I believe she wanted to help make this easier on him and us as we move forward. For that we are very thankful!
Big week here at Casa Carr. We just want some calm now! CALM I SAY!
1 comment:
OMG! that's awesome!!!!!!!
Congratulations!
Post a Comment