It freaking SNOWED here today! I heard mutterings of such an occurrence but didn't pay any attention to it. HA! Woke up to snow. Not a lot, mind you but when that happens, BAM Christmas music is played all day. Truth.
The snow is a little bittersweet, really. It means the holidays really are coming and Isaiah still isn't home yet. BUT, I think we are getting close. Turns out the medication change that happened last week was not effective. Seriously, Gabe and I should treat ourselves to something each time a doc wants to try a med increase when we can tell from the get go, it's not helping. We know these things.
But, the doc tried something else and that may be helping. I, again, go back to the opinion that meds don't make a huge difference and Isaiah has to want to be safe and home...and functioning. I don't know if I should dare say he wants that a little more right now.
He has started to go to school for more time, has been staying relatively safer and the doctors have mentioned the 'D' word. Discharge. Kinda wish they could think of a different word, actually. We have a meeting tomorrow around noon to discuss his post-care plan and we have voluntary services in the works with DCF that will start at some point soon. I could actually poke myself in the eyes with toothpicks thinking about having DCF back in our house. Luckily the Social Worker at the hospital wrote a fantastic letter to DCF advising the kind of services that will NOT be helpful to our family. Fingers crossed that DCF will listen! (that's actually a hilarious statement right there).
Some good things that have happened over the past week:
*Gabe went away to visit one of his coastie friends in GA for the weekend. Had fun. Isaiah missed him and was worried about mom being at home alone.
*Isaiah got a little stomach bug...no this is not good. But he was wishing for mom to come take care of him. His statement "They won't help me feel better here. THEY WON'T HELP ME!!!" This, of course is not true, but he seemed to think mom could help him. Sweet.
*He is officially sick of the hospital food. APPLAUSE!!! Yesterday he started talking like a hippie threatening to not eat until he gets better food selection. I am not even kidding. He said "Well I am not eating here. I am done eating this food." My response: there's good food waiting for you at home.
Tomorrow at noon. That's when the plan is set in motion. Part of me thinks he is ready and part of me could actually vomit at the idea. Really, this is our last shot. I am certain that any subsequent hospitalization will result in placement in a residential treatment facility...so I pray he is really ready to be here and that the after care plan will be effective.
Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment