Monday, August 31, 2009

In bed by 7:30!

Good evening~
Gabe and I are settled in watching some football and relaxing. It has been a busy couple of days in Colchester.
We will start with yesterday. My mom had an emergency shower for us to help us get things we need. Well, did we ever. People came out in droves and were incredibly generous. All non essential items are hiding in the basement for a gradual roll out. He will have enough toys to last the rest of the year!!! He came to the end of the shower briefly, had some cake and, being a little overwhelmed, left early. He did have a chance to play some basketball and football with the boys. It was cute! Pictures will be posted.
Today was a nice day. Gabe and I were both home most of the day. I had a couple of clients I had to see this afternoon. This morning, Gabe went out to wash the cars and Isaiah wanted to sit in the car. Literally. He climbed up in his car seat, with his cup and stuffed toy and played for an hour while Gabe washed the cars. It was hilarious. I thought, if DCF could see us now...with the kid in his car seat for an hour.
Some milestones met today:
*Out of sheer hunger Isaiah ate a plate of veggies as a snack!
*About 5pm, for the first time since we have had him, Isaiah pooped...on the toilet! Double celebration!
*Last week when he stayed over for the first time, he didn't fall asleep until 8:45. Tonight, he was in bed at 7:30pm!

We are gradually figuring things out. Tomorrow's challenge will be...no nap. He had a prescheduled appoitnment with his pediatrician for 1pm so we will drive nearly an hour for that...right smack dab in the middle of lunch and nap time. I suppose that will mean an early bed time!!!
Until then
...

No comments:

Followers