Tuesday, August 25, 2009

That's my bed!

Greetings~
Isaiah came over yesterday for his first over night at Casa Carr. I went to pick him up about 4pm and we traveled to Colchester. He was very chatty in the car ride and in a pretty good mood.
Gabe got home shortly after us and we settled in for dinner; Sloppy Joe's, French Fries and Green Beans. The Green Beans were turned upside down on the table in no time but he did eat one in an effort to get the fries.
We all enjoyed dinner and then headed out to the playground at the local school. We had fun, he had a lot of fun. JP got a nice walk out of it too. When we got home, it was time for cookies and settling down. Small tantrum about wanting to eat the cookies on the couch...but he got over it. As the night wore on we got ready for bed, HE LOVES TO BRUSH HIS TEETH! It was too funny.
Bedtime was a struggle but we know now that it is because he normally goes to bed around 8:30 and we had him in a hour earlier. But we did the bedtime thing, reading books, rocking and saying goodnight. Another larger tantrum and the repeated notification that he didn't want to go to bed...along with a side of "I'm Scared". He was finally out by 8:45. Nice!
This morning was nice, he got up, brushed his teeth and got dressed. Had some breakfast and played. Brushed his teeth again...not even kidding.
His DCF social worker showed up about 9:30am to get him and have us sign some paperwork to finalize him living with us. This is where I got emotional (see previous post for reasons why). Because of her schedule and our schedule, today was the only day we could sign papers even though we are picking him up on Saturday. DCF Worker thought my "tears of joy" were sweet. HA, Tears of FEAR LADY! She felt that was appropriate as well.
At the end of paper signing, I asked Isaiah if he wanted to show her the upstairs. He jumped down from his seat and ran to show her. When he got into his room he showed her his toys and puzzles and said "that's my bed...my bed!" We felt that was a good sign.
So Saturday we go, mid morning, and pick him up...for good. Gabe and I are super excited...and scared....but I think I already mentioned that. Below is a pic of him from this morning after breakfast. We have finally got the OK to take and post pictures!

No comments:

Followers