Gabe and I are sitting in the living room watching some preseason football listening to Isaiah talk to himself in his bed. WE SURVIVED the first day...well 3/4 of a day.
When we arrived at his foster home, he was READY to go. Seriously, like out the door. It was a dismal rainy day so we scurried into the car with him and all his stuff and made the journey to Colchester. He snoozed on the way.
We settled in and got situated. Had some lunch and then it was nap time. Gabe had to run a couple of errands so I was flying solo. Had to use my stern voice a couple of times, but we survived. Overall, it was a very nice day. Only a little bit of testing, as to be expected.
Once we had dinner and settled in for some evening Dora, Isaiah got snuggly. He wanted to get up on the couch with me and JP. So we snuggled. I think I was more nervous than he was. He snuggled right in and loved on JP (who better stop pooping in the house, by the way).
As soon as the darkness set in, he knew it was bed time. He brushed his teeth, of course and got up in bed. Gabe read him two stories and we said goodnight. As I finish this post, there is no chatting coming from upstairs!
For the first day, I am amazed. As I was preparing dinner I thought, holy crap, we can actually do this. Well, so far anyway.
Gabe and I are both tense this evening but we imagine that will wear off as time goes on. Below is a picture of us snuggling!
Tomorrow is the Emergency Shower, which received more 'yes' RSVP's than I could have EVER imagined. People really amaze me with their well wishes and generosity.
Until then...
2 comments:
You have me on the edge of my seat... how had it been going?? It must be good if there are no posts!!
I am updating now Jess!
Post a Comment