Good evening~
The wind is howling here tonight and it is really starting to feel like Fall. I love it.
We talked to Gabe's parents tonight and they are coming out in a couple of weeks to meet Isaiah and visit with us. We are all very excited about that!!
Today was a nutty day. Well it started with last night. Isaiah woke up coughing pretty bad. I kicked into mommy gear...or grandma gear and got out the Vick's vaporub! Awwww yeah! It helped a little but he ended up needing a breathing treatment. That helped him fall back to sleep. He woke up this morning with no fever but still some cough. Another breathing treatment and off to day care. Went to the day care at noon to give him another treatment and he was doing well. From that time until he got picked up he had 2 accidents in his pants...meaning that he had no change of clothes.
Gabe called me at 5:15 to say that he was stuck in grid lock traffic and wouldn't be able to get to the day care in time. I had a client in my office and another one in the waiting room. I had to ask my 5:30 to come back another day and zoomed to day care before they closed.
When I got there, Isaiah was thrilled to see me and was LITERALLY wearing his long sleeve striped shirt, a pull up, white socks and his brown shoes. NO PANTS. Because he wet twice he went through all his spare clothes. He could have cared less. He was running around having a blast...in a pull up. I just had to laugh.
Tonight he came home and had a slight fever and went right to bed after dinner and a bath. He pretty much fell asleep while I rocked him.
So now we wait and see how he is tonight and then again tomorrow. We are certainly realizing that nothing is predictable and planning things doesn't always work...like going to work.
1 comment:
I know your mom is so excited to come out to visit. She gets teary whenever she talks about you guys! Love the story about the pull ups and no pants! Anyone with kids can relate the the unpredictable!
Post a Comment