Good evening~
It has been gorgeous here all week. We are so lucky that this is the first week we have Isaiah and we are both off with such great weather. Today was another good day. See the pattern...good, bad, good. Thus the title of tonight's post. A lot of people emailed me after last night's post and if I summarized all their comments it would be "welcome to parenting". I am comforted...a little!
Today we started out with a fresh slate. Had a great breakfast and went outside to use the sidewalk chalk....in his brand new school shoes. CURSES! Once we realized, the crocs went on the Fred Flinstone feet. That was a little better.
Then it was time for a bath and to shop for day care. We visited one center but didn't really get a good vibe from the owner. I think what did it was a. she fed him 2 cups of animal crackers right before lunch without asking us, b. she walked through policies and told us "please pick him up on time...i don't want to have to call DCF on you for not picking up on time". Now I have called DCF on a number of parents in my life and NEVER has it been for a late daycare pick up. What IS it with some people?
Isaiah didn't want to leave there...nor would I at 3 years old with the bottomless animal cracker cup. He had a little fit but then we moved on. He took a nap and then we went on another adventure...sneaker shopping and grocery shopping at Stew Leonard's. Oh did I mention that on his way to nap he whacked his head on his bed and now has an egg? Right smack dab in the forehead. His mother will LOVE this when she seems him Friday for their visit.
He did great in the shoe store and got himself some sweet kicks...which will not go out to sidewalk chalk playtime. Then we went grocery shopping. He couldn't go into the front of a cart because...well, he weighs too much. They didn't have any of those "car" carts, which I hate anyways...so the little man walked the entire store with us. Along the way, he put stuff in the cart, picked out stuff he liked and replaced the Oreos that fell from the Oreo tower, which he knocked down. We left there totally unscathed and I stopped on the way out and thought, how on earth does a 3 year old do an hours worth of grocery shopping with ZERO problems but yet has a total meltdown in the doctor's office? The missing element...the nap. Had it today, didn't yesterday. All hail the nap.
So Gabe and I are settling in and having an evening cocktail while we catch up on some shows. Isaiah is in bed, but chatting to himself right now. Tomorrow is another new adventure.
Until then...
HA Just got summoned to the upstairs for help. Poop explosion in the pull up.....Sip the cocktail.
1 comment:
Congratulations on the grocery success...we are still not that lucky at 5 and almost 8.
Post a Comment