Saturday, September 12, 2009

Testing, Testing, Testing!

Good evening~
Gabe and I are settling in for some evening Football! Ahhhh....just what we need after a ROUGH day! I will first back up with a PPT update. Isaiah has not yet started school because Colchester did not officially honor his IEP so they are reevaluating him. It was a frustrating meeting for us but Isaiah has an educational advocate who was there and who will be sure his needs are met in the end. So he is in daycare now and luckily it is a great day care run like a school so he will be getting educational components. We will meet with the distric again after their evaluation in mid October to see if they have qualified him for Speech and Special Education services.

Yesterday Isaiah had another visit with his mom. She brought him some of his old toys and Barney videos and we have seen some regression since getting those reminders of his old home. A lot of accidents in the pants today after nearly a week without one, more aggressive play and increased aggression towards us in the form of hitting and kicking. Today made Gabe and I miss our old life. It was beyond challenging.

JP seems to be on the mend...albeit sloooowly. This is a huge relief for Gabe and myself. We were both a wreck with him being so sick, but are hoping we have turned a corner.
Tomorrow is another day...and hopefully a better one. Between the adjustment and JP being sick I don't know how many more tears we have to shed. Personally I think we are both dehydrated!
We hope you are all having a nice weekend. And we hope ours improves tomorrow.
Until then...

2 comments:

Jen and Billy said...

Keep your chins up! Rough patches are expected and will become fewer and farther apart as you go!

Anonymous said...

God has blessed Isaiah with 2 wonderful parents...he is lucky to be in your home. We went through it with Macho's nephew and I know how difficult it can be, especially when you know you are trying so hard to do things right for them. It does get easier, have faith. I know it is VERY overwhelming right now, but God doesn't give you a load you can't carry!
-Liz Q.

Followers